Raspberry Pi 2B
It's official! the amturingpi project is cancelled!
After some more research I figured out a Beowulf cluster might be a nice research project, but it is not useful for the goal I had in mind.
I'm currently using my Raspberry Pi 2B as a "regular desktop computer", running (a modified version of) Ubuntu MATE (Linux) for Raspberry Pi2.
Thus I bought/used the following additional hardware.
After some more research I figured out a Beowulf cluster might be a nice research project, but it is not useful for the goal I had in mind.
I'm currently using my Raspberry Pi 2B as a "regular desktop computer", running (a modified version of) Ubuntu MATE (Linux) for Raspberry Pi2.
Thus I bought/used the following additional hardware.
2 additional Raspberry Pi 2B boards;- 1 HDMI cable;
- 1 HDMI to DVI-D converter;
- 1 Wireless keyboard and mouse set;
1 Euro to USB adapter;1 USB 4 port HUB;4 USB to Micro USB cables;1 Ethernet Switch;4 CAT6 Twisted pair cables with RJ-45 connectors;- 1 Official Raspberry Pi power supply;
- 1 Raspberry Pi Case (black);
- 1 32 GB MicroSD card (for experimental Operating Systems);
- 1 USB Wireless adapter (owned already);
- 1 1.5 TB USB HDD (owned already).
The next research project is to use the RPI as a client for a Linux Terminal Server. But it doesn't make sense to document this myself, because it already is documented at the Project Homepage.

ncouraged by the marketing claims and lucrative pricing schemes surrounding well-known brands of these cables, many major retailers strive to redirect the customer to one of these more expensive HDMI cables options.
BeantwoordenVerwijderen